Saturday, April 27, 2013

I think most men have a natural desire to be successful and most of us measure our success in our accumulation of pictures of dead presidents.  I'm no different. I have spent the majority of my life pursuing things that always seemed to be just out of my reach.  But I was struck by a thought this morning as my oldest daughter hugged me and then left to go back to college.  Somehow, without even being aware that it was happening, I have reached a level of success that outweighs my bank account.

I have a college age daughter who posts on her facebook page how much she loves me and is proud of me. 

I have a daughter in high school who still thinks it's cool to hug her dad in front of her friends.

I have middle schooler that still thinks it's funny to pull my finger, and loves to share her dreams with me.

I have wife who has stayed in this rodeo for 21 years and still smiles and hugs me when I come through the door.

I know the race isn't over.  Life could change tomorrow, but today I'm a successful man.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Kip. I believe you got it goin'!!! "aunt Kathy"

    ReplyDelete